21 May 2008

Ambient Country

My dear friend Silvia came on a flying visit
from Italy. We decided to head out to Bundoran in the North West of Ireland for two days,
both of us looking for empty beaches and waves ...
Lucky us, Bundoran was very quiet. I was told
that it can get quite bustling during the week-end and in
the summer when families from Northern Ireland descend
on the town for their holidays.

We stayed at the Turf'n'Surf lodge, our room was comfy, if basic.
I wouldn't recommend it for a romantic getaway, it is a surfer's B&B after all,
but the rooms where clean, the shower super hot, just the way I like it,
and my bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever had the
pleasure to sleep on. Add to this the ocean view from our window
and a relaxed atmosphere and you're on to
a winner!
The guy in reception [Sorry! Forgot his name!] was
lovely, very helpful and the most chilled out
dude I've ever came across, I suppose looking
at the ocean outside your office window would do that to you!



I fell in love with this house!

Sherbet colours on a wall


We spent the days walking on the soft sandy beaches
trying to keep warm and not too look so much out
of place amongst the surfers practicing
in the Atlantic Ocean... needless to say we didn't quite succeed, wrapping
up in our warm scarves and jackets at the first sign of wind!



Pub in Ballyshannon:


What does it all mean?


If interested you can see more pictures Here

No comments:

Post a Comment